LIMITED SPACE: ONLY 25 SEATS AVAILABLE
With News This Good,
How Can We Keep It To Ourselves?
Responding to the Great Commission of Jesus to go out into the whole world and make disciples, the St. Paul Evangelization Institute is excited to announce our new initiative: The St. Paul School of Evangelization!
Our school is designed to help ordinary Catholics learn their extraordinary identity and live as evangelists of Jesus Christ! We offer a unique academic program paired with a multifaceted ministry approach that engages and encourages each student to learn, grow and go! The school can be taken as a one or two year program. The one year program offers a basic certificate in evangelization. The two year program offers an advanced certificate in evangelization (leadership formation year).
At the school we will:
- Equip and empower ordinary Catholics to live out their extraordinary call as missionary disciples.
- Use the best methods, insights, and strategies of effective evangelization.
- Teach students how to authentically proclaim the full Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ.
- Help students experience supernatural charisms which sparks revival in every area of their life.
- Foster student growth through a specialized ministry team that accompanies each participant every step of the way.
- Lead students to apply knowledge and gain confidence through small group learning, real world experience, and best practices!
Our school is the perfect place to grow in knowledge, understanding, and wisdom through engaging lessons and small groups. Our academic approach employs a mixture of theological formation, study, and reflection with the study of Sacred Scripture as our primary tool. Students will read from The Holy Bible, The Catechism of the Catholic Church, Evangelii Nuntiandi by Pope Paul VI, Redemptoris Missio and Novo Millennio Ineunte by Pope St. John Paul II, Evangelii Gaudium by Pope Francis, and much more.
Ministry Approach: Trained Discipleship Team
Our ministry team models the discipleship process of Jesus through investment, assessment, and accompaniment to help students flourish! Each student is assigned a member of our discipleship team who prayerfully partner with them over the course of the program to help provide the following:
- Application and experience in evangelization strategies.
- Regular prayer ministry opportunities.
- Ministry outings and other hands-on experiential opportunities.
- Encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Support of student goals in different areas of personal and professional life.
- Facilitate growth of supernatural gifts for the sake of evangelization.
- Direct students into various leadership roles, including ministry with our satellite schools of evangelization.
By reflecting our core content and values, our ministry teams create a truly dynamic classroom culture that honors, inspires, and celebrates growth each step of the way!
What Makes Us Unique
- A priority on each student’s response to the kerygma and growth in holiness through prayer, worship, and the full sacramental life of the Church.
- Dynamic lessons, discussion groups, and small class sizes that honor each person’s gifts, talents, and contributions to the Body of Christ.
- A faithful study of theology, scripture, and spirituality directed to deepening understanding of foundational principles, methods, and strategies for the New Evangelization.
- Expert instructors who participate in various evangelization initiatives and invite students to join them to gain real-world experience as evangelists.
- A ministry team that accompanies students on their spiritual journey, builds up their confidence with the course material, and helps them flourish in their unique callings.
- A learning curriculum informed by 5+ years of grassroots level ministry experience in forming effective, on-fire evangelists around the world.
- Inspiring stories from over 300 active chapters of street evangelists
Course topics ranging from Basic Evangelization Training, Relational Ministry, Supernatural Healing and Prayer Ministry, Spirituality and Sacraments, Evangelical Apologetics, Ministry Projects, and more!
Quarter 1. Missionary Discipleship
Quarter 2. Incarnation and Proclamation
Quarter 3. Supernatural Ministry
Quarter 4. Evangelical Apologetics
Year 2: Servant Leadership
Quarter 5. Art of Disciple Making
Quarter 6. Sacramental Spirituality
Quarter 7. Virtuous Leadership
Quarter 8. Ministry Project
The fine print:
- Our goal is to form faithful and fruitful evangelists through small missionary discipleship communities. Each class of students will be limited to 25 students so that we can effectively meet the needs of each person, create an environment where teaching, practice, and prayer are foundational, and student success is celebrated each step of the way.
- If accepted, students move through the program over the course of 1 or 2 years. Each year consists of 4 quarters. Each quarter has 8 classes that meet weekly for 2 hours, usually in the evenings. You do not have to commit yourself to both years when you sign up. If you choose to move on to the leadership formation year, you’ll be able to make that decision at the end of the first year.
- Progress in the program will depend on participation and the completion of a variety of course work, including engagement in discussion groups, working with ministry team members, being open to outside-the-classroom evangelization opportunities, mastery of course content, public speaking, reflection journals, homework, and a final ministry project.
- Students may not miss more than 2 classes per quarter, though make up opportunities may be available.
- Students who complete the program will receive:
- A basic certificate in evangelization from the St. Paul Evangelization Institute (year 1) and an advanced certificate in evangelization (year 2).
- Formation in Catholic theology on key elements of the New Evangelization.
- Knowledge of the Sacred Scriptures and the ability to proclaim the full Gospel.
- Confidence in your skills to grow as a disciple and disciple others.
- Opportunities to discern leadership roles, network with Catholic ministries, and respond to the mission God is calling you to.
- Tuition is “pay as you wish”. Students are asked to give sacrificially. We don’t want to turn anyone away for a lack of an ability to pay, so consider giving extra for another student to attend if you are able. There is a suggested donation of $100 (approx. $6.25 per hour of instruction) per quarter. Payment is expected by the 2nd class of each quarter. Donations are not returnable.
Divine Child Catholic Church (6:30-8:30 PM)
1055 N Silvery Ln, Dearborn, MI 48128
Our Lady of Grace Church Hall (6:30 – 8:30 PM)
26238 Ryan Road, Warren, MI 48091
We ask for a $100 suggested donation per quarter. If you cannot afford $100, please give as you are able. St. Paul Evangelization Institute is a 501(c)3 not for profit Catholic apostolate.
Date & Time:
Classes in Warren begin on August 30, 2018 and finish on May 16, 2019. They run from 6:30 – 8:30 PM on Thursday nights. You can download the calendar for the first year below.
Ask Questions / Contact Us
The St. Paul School of Missionary Discipleship
is sponsored by
The St. Paul Evangelization Institute
School of Evangelization