Holy Family Parish/Amesbury & Star of the Sea Parish/Salisbury
11 Sparhawk Street
Amesbury, MA 01913
No Experience Needed!
Saturday · October 6th, 2018
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
(8:30 AM – Morning Hospitality)
8:00 AM Daily Mass
3:00 PM Confessions
4:00 PM Vigil Mass
Where every person can become an open door to Jesus Christ.
The Catholic Hospitality Training Institute exists to empower parishes for the work of evangelization. From transforming the environment of the parish office to using the right words when interacting with guests and parishioners, we equip staff members to make the parish an irresistible welcoming environment. Simply, we empower church employees to share Jesus Christ.
Parish, school, and diocesan support staff have a unique capacity to evangelize. Often times the first 3 minutes a visitor spends with the person of first contact in the parish decides whether they will stay at the parish or leave.
Through our unique one day hospitality training your first contact staff, such as administrative assistants, business managers, custodians, ushers, principals, Christian charity coordinators, and event planners will be evangelized and prepared to receive others in the name of Jesus Christ. Additionally, the Catholic Hospitality Training Institute provides ongoing training and materials that can be shared with the entire staff.
$25.00 Per Person
Normal Cost: $75.00 Per Person.
- Full day workshop
- Morning hospitality & lunch
- Training Manual
- Called To Holiness – The day begins with a look at our unique calling to live a life that is holy and pleasing to the Lord. We will focus on our gifts of brokenness, perspective and surrender considering how each one provides an opportunity to allow Christ to work through us and draw us closer. We will also take a look at the roots of hospitality in Church Tradition and Sacred Scripture to help us understand how our hospitality can be a beautiful and powerful fruit of our holiness.
- Called To Share – During section two of our training we will focus on understanding and spreading the Gospel message. We will focus on the gifts of evangelism, Gospel sharing and prayer. Authentic hospitality is a reflection of Christ’s love shining through us. In order to understand and share that love we must be strongly connected to Christ through prayer. We will focus on personal, formal and spontaneous prayer and take some time to practice praying with and for others.
- Called To Serve – Christ came to earth to serve rather than be served. During the third segment of our training we will learn to imitate Christ’s service by focusing on the gifts of joy, service and peace. Special attention will be given to resolving conflict, dealing hospitably with difficult people and offering and accepting forgiveness.
- Called To Build His Kingdom On Earth – The final segment is where we put all the pieces into practice. Participants will develop and practice skills for sharing the Gospel with those they meet. Using the gifts of connecting, comforting and mercy we will have an opportunity to plan and practice interactions both in person and on the phone.
Space is limited.
You can also register by calling the parish at: 978-388-0330
For more information:
Questions? Contact: Sue Greaney, Administrative Assistant, 978-388-0330, ext. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.