Lumen Veritatis Retreat for Catholic Evangelists
Directed by the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
This retreat is geared towards all Catholic evangelists who work in the vineyard. A retreat is an opportunity to rest, to be ministered to, and to enjoy the company of your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. It will include Mass, the opportunity for confession, the Rosary, the Divine Office, talks (called conferences), small groups, social time, and free time (for personal prayer, meditation, or rest).
The retreat is hosted by St. Paul Street Evangelization at the retreat house where our national office is located.
Mother of the Redeemer Retreat Center
8220 W. State Rd 48
Bloomington, IN 47404
Space is very limited.
The retreat begins on Friday, June 23, 2017 at 2:00 PM. The guest house is open for check in at 12:00 PM. If you are traveling we request all attendees arrive no later than 6:45 PM. The retreat ends on Sunday at 1:00 PM. Retreatants should plan on staying for the entire retreat and only leave in an emergency.
The retreat will be led by St. Paul Street Evangelization and the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. Schedule.
- Conference 1 – How to Get to Heaven. Is it difficult or easy to get to Heaven? Getting to Heaven seems so complicated – faith, the sacraments, justification, good works, grace, merit, purgatory, indulgences. How do we make sense of it all so we can explain how to get to heaven to others and work out our own salvation.
- Conference 2 – Overcoming Vice & Habits of Sin. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” (Proverbs 9:10) In order to advance in the spiritual life we must first overcome vice and the habits of sin, especially mortal sin. This talk will give us practical help in overcoming sin so we better receive God’s mercy.
- Conference 3 – Finding Balance in the Active & Contemplative Life. Our lives are filled by distraction. This talk will focus on taking practical steps to overcome distraction and finding balance between the responsibilities God has given us and spending time in prayer.
- Conference 4 – One Good Reason. All of us are called to be evangelists. Equipped with the graces of the sacraments we will talk about important, but simple methods for sharing our faith.
- Conference 5 – Healing in Evangelization. Everyone needs compassion and everyone needs to be healed. Learn how to pray for physical and emotional healing to those we are witnessing to on the streets.
- Conference 6 – Towards Sainthood. There is always a tendency to leave a retreat without a firm will to advance in the spiritual life after we get home. We close with a meditation on the devout life.
- The Registration fee includes housing at the retreat center, meals, the retreat, and all materials for the retreat. The fee does not include transportation to and from the retreat center. If you are experiencing financial hardship and would still like to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be able to provide some limited financial aid.
- Both single and double occupancy rooms are available. You may request a roommate after registering. Married couples should register for 2 double occupancy rooms and let us know that you’ll be rooming together. The commuter rate does not include housing. It is ideal to stay at the retreat center for the duration of the retreat.
- Our budget is very tight. There is a $6.00 surcharge for credit card payments that the credit card company charges us that will show up as a shipping fee.
- You may make a non-refundable $50 deposit to hold your spot. Your payment must be made in full by May 1, 2017. There are no refunds on any payments after May 1, 2017.
- Check payments: May be mailed to our main office. There is no additional fee to mail a check. Checks should be made out to “SPSE” or St. Paul Street Evangelization.
A shuttle is available from the Indianapolis airport to Bloomington, IN. You can take an Uber from the shuttle drop off point to the retreat house. See more here: http://goexpresstravel.com/