- Get Involved
- Prayer Requests
Ballast Point Park - 9/21/19
October 10, 2019
For September we tried a new location in Tampa, Ballast Point Park. Reuben, Suzanne, Joe and I spent a wonderful day at this beautiful bayside park with a great pier. The park was bustling, but the traffic near our table was light. so we decided to do sorties around the playgrounds and pier to get the interaction we needed to evangelize.
Some of our encounters:
- Essence was a student at a Catholic HS, but was not herself Catholic. She was reading her Bible, but did not want a rosary. She at first declined a Miraculous Medal too, but after hearing the story she changed her mind and took one.
- Suzanne talked to Frank who was very distraught over separation from his family. She prayed with him for his 2 young daughters.
- She also prayed with Carlos for a successful recovery of open heart surgery.
- Here's a switch. One woman approached me saying she was moving to a smaller house and had a number of crucifixes to give us. I promised them good homes. Hopefully she will follow through.
- After receiving a MM, one young women told us, "You don't know how much this means to me. God brought you to me." She explained she was going through some rough times and just lost the cross she always wore around her neck.
So count Ballast Point Park as a relaxing day of evangelization, if not a busy one.