Code of Conduct
St. Paul Street Evangelization (SPSE) uses non-confrontational methods to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the streets. We encourage all evangelists to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit and the divine appointments God places in their life. However, when representing SPSE in an official outing, evangelists and teams must adhere to the following Code of Conduct. An official outing is any outing the team leader deems to be official that follows this Code of Conduct while employing SPSE's methods.
- I will be a positive role model for volunteers treating all members of the community with honor, dignity and respect
- I will not evangelize as part of an official SPSE team outing without at least 2 people present
- I will not allow minors to participate in an official SPSE team outing unless it is conducted as an official parish or diocesan event or unless the minor’s parent is present and takes responsibility for the minor during the outing
- I will not evangelize children without at least one of their parents or guardians present
- I will conduct myself with Christian charity, cultivating peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control; while rejecting hatred, strife, anger, dissension, and factions (cf. Gal 5:20-23).
- I will not engage in physical altercations
- I assent to all the teachings of the Catholic Church and will not formally cooperate with groups promoting active or passive dissent from the teachings of the Catholic Church
- I will cooperate with all legal and canonical authorities
- I will not evangelize as part of an SPSE outing on private property without the express permission of the property owner or management
- I will keep political advocacy for candidates, legislation, or other entities separate from my activities as part of an official SPSE outing
- I will not give legal, medical, or professional advice while evangelizing
- I will not use or possess alcohol and/or illicit drugs while evangelizing during an official SPSE team outing
- Neither I, nor anyone on my team, will accept any money during evangelization outings. If someone wants to donate they can make a donation online or arrange another way to give
- I understand that the times when I do not adhere to the above SPSE Code of Conduct while evangelizing, I am not representing SPSE in an official outing