Virtual Street Evangelization Workshop
“Now is the time to commit all of the Church’s energy to a New Evangelization.” St. John Paul II
What: The Virtual Street Evangelization Workshop is a hands-on evangelization training seminar designed specifically for street evangelization. When so many efforts to promote the New Evangelization are focused primarily on catechesis about evangelization, this workshop teaches Catholics, no matter their previous education or experience, how to share their faith effectively and enthusiastically with the people they encounter out on the street.
During this two and a half hour training you will hear presentations by experienced evangelists that teach and model the SPSE method of direct evangelization. After each lesson participants will get a chance to practice and sharpen their skills in small group breakout sessions. The workshop equips participants with the skills and confidence they need to start evangelizing.
Among the skills you will learn are:
- How to share the Gospel message
- How to share what God has done in your life
- How to pray out loud for someone
- How to start and direct a conversation towards faith in Jesus and the Church
Saturday, August 14, 2021
12:00 – 3:00 pm EST
November 13, 2021
Online through Zoom
The Zoom link will be emailed to you
There will be an instruction period before the workshop at 11:30 am EST on how to use some of Zoom’s features
These are the sessions included in the Virtual Street Evangelization Workshop:
Session 1: The Salvation of Souls – We evangelize in order to save souls. People need to know the Gospel message and the basics of salvation.
- Exercise: Sharing the Gospel message – There is power in sharing the Gospel message, so every Catholic needs to be able to share it.
Session 2: Prayer & The Evangelist – We will talk about the importance of the spiritual life as well as practical ways to invite others into prayer and how to pray for them.
- Exercise: Praying Out Loud – We will then pray for each other and those we are going to encounter when we are sent forth.
Session 3: How to Share Your Testimony – We will discuss the value of sharing how God has touched your life and help you develop your personal testimony – God’s story in you.
- Exercise: Sharing Your Testimony – We will practice sharing our testimony with those in our small groups.
* Break and Partner Invitation: This will be time to take a small break from training and learn more about becoming a partner with St. Paul Evangelization.
Session 4: The SPSE Model – Listen, Befriend, Proclaim, Invite – Evangelization is more than conveying the truths of our faith. In order for people to be interested in what we have to say, we have to first connect with them on a personal level and gain their trust.
- Exercise: We will give everyone a chance to practice our model in small groups
Session 5: Hitting the Streets – We will share exactly how you can get involved with our apostolate and stay connected with others SPSE evangelists throughout the world.
Closing Prayer at 2:30 PM
EXTRA – Questions and Answers: The SPSE instructors will stay for an extended time after the final session for questions and answers.
$29.99 for non-partners
$14.99 for pledging partners (Become a pledging partner here)
In addition, everyone who completes a short survey after the workshop will receive at no additional cost:
- A St. Paul Street Evangelization tshirt
- A St. Paul Street Evangelization nametag
- A copy of 33 Days to Morning Glory. This booklet is an extraordinary 33-day journey to Marian consecration with four giants of Marian spirituality: St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and Blessed Pope John Paul II.