Virtual Street Evangelization Workshop
“Now is the time to commit all of the Church’s energy to a New Evangelization.” St. John Paul II
What: The Virtual Street Evangelization Workshop is a hands on, practical, and dynamic evangelization training designed specifically for street evangelization. Participants will get the instruction and practice they need to be an effective evangelist. The workshop includes a series of presentations, a modeling of our methods, and the opportunity to break out into small groups and practice what we’ve learned with other workshop participants.
When so many of our efforts in promoting the New Evangelization are focused primarily on catechesis about evangelization, this workshop teaches Catholics, no matter their previous education or experience, how to share their faith effectively and enthusiastically with the people they encounter out on the street.
When: Saturday November 21, 2020, 12:00 – 2:30 pm EST. Zoom ‘doors’ open at 11:45 am and close at 3 pm after extended Question and Answer time
Where: Online through Zoom. A Zoom link will be emailed to you.
These are the sessions included in the Virtual Street Evangelization Workshop:
Session 1: The Salvation of Souls – We evangelize in order to save souls. People need to know the Gospel message and the basics of salvation.
- Exercise: Sharing the Gospel message – There is power in sharing the Gospel message, so every Catholic needs to be able to share it.
Session 2: Prayer & The Evangelist – We will talk about the importance of the spiritual life as well as practical ways to invite others into prayer and how to pray for them.
- Exercise: Praying Out Loud – We will then pray for each other and those we are going to encounter when we are sent forth.
Session 3: How to Share Your Testimony – We will discuss the value of sharing how God has touched your life and help you develop your personal testimony – God’s story in you.
- Exercise : Sharing Your Testimony – We will practice sharing our testimony with those in our small groups.
* Break and Partner Invitation: This will be time to take a small break from training and learn more about becoming a partner with St. Paul Evangelization.
Session 4: The SPSE Model – Listen, Befriend, Proclaim, Invite – Evangelization is more than conveying the truths of our faith. In order for people to be interested in what we have to say, we have to first connect with them on a personal level and gain their trust.
- Exercise: We will give everyone a change to practice our model in small groups
Session 5: Hitting the Streets– We will share exactly how you can get involved with our apostolate and stay connected with others SPSE evangelists throughout the world.
Closing Prayer at 2:30 PM
EXTRA – Questions and Answers: The SPSE instructors will stay for an extended time after the final session for questions and answers.
$29.99 for non-partners, $14.99 for pledging partners. This Virtual Street Evangelization Workshop includes:
- Hands on and practical street evangelization training
- A free T-shirt
- A free St Paul Street Evangelization nametag
- A free 33 Days to Morning Glory booklet. This booklet is an extraordinary 33-day journey to Marian consecration with four giants of Marian spirituality: St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and Blessed Pope John Paul II.
- All of this will be shipped to you at no additional cost!