Join a local Rosary Rally
We encourage our teams and evangelists to participate in local events such as Rosary Rallies or Eucharist Processions. These events draw faithful Catholics to witness to the truth and beauty of our faith while they pray publicly. Oftentimes these events are centered around prayers for our nation, Church, or a local situation. This year some may be praying for healing from the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. Public prayer is powerful; it also sparks curiosity from the bystanders. They may think, “What is going on? Why are all these people walking by? What is that huge gold thing the priest is holding?” It’s a perfect opportunity for evangelization!
How can you participate
Check with your local parish, diocese, or Catholic radio station. Organizations holding national events include:
- Unite our Nation (https://uniteournation.net/)
- Rosary Coast to Coast (https://rosarycoasttocoast.com/)
- America Needs Fatima (https://americaneedsfatima.org/)
- Life Chain (https://www.lifechain.net/)
If there is not a gathering near you then we encourage you to sign up to lead one! Follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit and use the gifts and talents of your team as you participate in this public event. If there is an outing near you then contact the local coordinator to see how you can join.
- Add the event to your team calendar (instructions)
- Supply rosaries and How to Pray the Rosary pamphlets to the participants
- Set up your evangelization station (use a wagon if you need to be mobile)
- Join in the prayer and/or procession
- Space out along the procession route to kneel and pray as the Eucharist passes by (giving public witness as you adore Jesus Christ in the Eucharist)
- Space out along the procession route to evangelize before and after the procession (have copies Eucharist and How to Pray the Rosary pamphlets)
- Invite fallen away Catholics who see the event back to church (have Reasons to Return and Confession pamphlets along with local church bulletins available)
- Encourage participants to join your evangelization team
When it’s Over Share your Story!
Sharing your stories and pictures is like evangelizing twice because it stirs hearts and encourages others to be bold in sharing their faith. You can share your story by posting in your team blog (instructions) or simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org